Champions League winner urges Sturridge to stay

10:40

Champions League winner urges Sturridge to stay

Date published: Thursday 8th December 2016 4:03

Daniel Sturridge Football365

Liverpool’s Champions League-winning striker Milan Baros has warned Daniel Sturridge against repeating his mistake from 2005.

The Czech striker opted to leave when Rafa Benitez brought in Peter Crouch and has regretted that decision ever since.

Speaking exclusively to This is Anfield, Baros said: “It’s been difficult for him. It’s a shame Liverpool aren’t in Europe as it means there are less games for him to be involved. Hopefully that’ll change next season.

“He needs to be patient. I’ve read about him being linked with a move away but there aren’t many clubs bigger than Liverpool.

“They’ve got some injuries now so if he gets fit and stays fit, the chance will come for him.

“It’s hard when you are not playing. I was in that situation a lot at Liverpool.

“It can be frustrating and you can be disappointed at times, but you just have to try to be positive and work hard. You never know when your chance will come.

“I know it’s not easy. I’m 35 now so I can look back and reflect. I know what I should have done differently.

“Rafa came to me and told me he wanted to bring in Peter Crouch. It meant I would be second or third choice,” said Baros.

“It seemed an easy decision at the time, but if I could go back to that moment now, I would choose to stay. There are a lot of games in a season and I’d have got my chance again.

“Now I know it was a bad decision. I wish I had stayed and been patient.”

Baros had spells at Aston Villa, Lyon and Galatasaray but is now back in the Czech Republic with Slovan Liberec.

Source : football365[dot]com

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »