Patrick Vieira says managing Manchester City is his 'fairytale' story

06:43
Patrick Vieira was Man City
Patrick Vieira was Man City's reserve team manager from 2013 to 2015

Patrick Vieira says succeeding Pep Guardiola as Manchester City boss is his "fairytale".

The Frenchman, who was City's reserve-team manager from 2013 to 2015, just finished his first full season in senior management, taking New York City - a Sky Blues sister club - to the MLS play-offs.

After his side were beaten by Toronto in the Eastern Conference semi-finals, Vieira was asked by US reporters about his pathway within the City Football Group.

And the former Arsenal star said: "(Managing Manchester City) it is the fairytale story.

"I am really pleased that people in this club think one day I can manage here. That makes me proud but, at the same time, we never know what's going to happen. 

Vieira has been an integral part of the City Football Group
Vieira has been an integral part of the City Football Group

"I am happy to be part of the group because I love the people. They have given me the opportunity to do something I wasn't sure I was capable of doing. Maybe two, three years from now, I have an opportunity somewhere else.

"I'd sit down with Ferran [Soriano, the City chief executive] and Brian [Marwood, a senior City executive] and talk about it. Then they can tell me what they think.

"I don't look further than next year because in our world anything can happen."

Source : skysports[dot]com

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »