Mourinho: Even Sir Alex needed time at Man United

06:17

Mourinho: Even Sir Alex needed time at Man United

Date published: Wednesday 23rd November 2016 12:53

Jose Mourinho Manchester United

Jose Mourinho has played down concern about Manchester United’s slow start to the season by pointing out that Sir Alex Ferguson took years to create a winning team.

United are in sixth place – nine points off the top of the table and just a point ahead of Watford – but Mourinho claims that history suggests he needs time, though there was no such time afforded to his predecessors.

“I think by playing well the future can be bright. The team is happy with the way they’re playing, they are happy with direction,” insisted Mourinho as his team prepares to face Feyenoord in the Europa League.

“With our style of play we are keeping people believing that the good results will come.

“The best manager in PL history needed a few years to build a successful period, if the best needed time then others do too.

“The three year contract I was given is a fair period of time.

“My three years isn’t just about transfer windows, it is about building relationships with the players.

“I am not waiting for my third season for good results, I am doing my best to get results in my first season.

“The job is as difficult as I was expecting, when I said I wanted to win the Premier League this year, I said it was risky.

“I still can’t believe how we didn’t win our last three home games because we played so well, yet we didn’t win.”

Source : football365[dot]com

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »