Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling enjoying freedom under Pep Guardiola

07:21
Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling is enjoying life under Pep Guardiola
Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling is enjoying life under Pep Guardiola

Raheem Sterling is enjoying being given the licence to play with freedom again by Pep Guardiola after losing his identity under Manuel Pellegrini.

The Manchester City winger increasingly became a bit-part player during the second half of last season but has been rejuvenated since Guardiola arrived at the club in the summer from Bayern Munich.

A look behind the scenes at Manchester City's training facilities as they prepare for their Champions League game with Barcelona

Sterling has scored five goals in 15 appearances this campaign and sees Guardiola's approach to football as more similar to his own than that of his predecessor Pellegrini.

"I feel a lot more freedom, I feel I can get on the ball a bit more and as I get the ball I feel I can express myself by taking touches and trying to take players on. I'm really enjoying it," he told the BBC.

"Under the previous coach, in training sometimes it was always two touches and you kind of get into that way of playing and you forget your identity and how to play.

"That's not my style of play. My style of play is to get the ball and try to go at players.

Paul Merson shares his views on the clash at The Hawthorns between West Bromwich Albion and Manchester City

"Now I'm learning to mix it up as well and not just every single time go down a blind alley; know when to take two touches and when to take my man on."

Source : skysports[dot]com

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »