Jose Mourinho irked by Ronald Koeman's comments about Memphis Depay

15:42
Memphis Depay has struggled at Old Trafford
Memphis Depay has struggled at Old Trafford

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is unhappy with his Everton counterpart Ronald Koeman, who has publicly expressed an interest in Memphis Depay.

The Dutchman has struggled at Old Trafford since moving from PSV Eindhoven last summer and, so far this season, his only outing was against Northampton in September.

Man Utd vs Arsenal

November 19, 2016, 11:30am

Live on Sky Sports 1 HD

Depay netted twice against Luxembourg this week when Koeman confirmed an interest in the winger.

The Everton boss attempted to buy Depay while at Southampton and public talk of a January move has irked Mourinho, whose United side play Arsenal on Saturday, live on Sky Sports 1.

The Portuguese said: "I think that my normal answer if somebody asks me about a player from another team, my normal answer is 'the player is not my player, the player belongs to another team, the player belongs to another manager', no comments at all.

Everton manager Ronald Koeman has shown an interest in his fellow Dutchman Depay
Everton manager Ronald Koeman has shown an interest in his fellow Dutchman Depay

"I think that is the ethical answer and when we are always worried about ethics and respect, and rules, I just said that if it was me making that kind of comment about an Everton player, I would be in trouble."

Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price!

Source : skysports[dot]com

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »