Mourinho issues Man United injury update

07:14

Mourinho issues Man United injury update

Date published: Sunday 1st January 2017 12:40

Jose Mourinho has issued an update on Manchester United’s injury issues ahead of the trip to West Ham.

Mourinho first spoke to rule out Eric Bailly, whose absence to the Africa Cup of Nations has frustrated Manchester United’s manager.

“I lose Bailly for a month and I am going to have Smalling, Rojo and Jones for eight matches,” Mourinho said.

“I will have three centre-backs for eight matches.”

Mourinho then said that he thinks Michael Carrick, who was ruled out of the 2-1 victory over Middlesbrough with illness, could return at West Ham.

However,  captain Wayne Rooney – who has a thigh injury – remains a doubt.

“I hope Carrick will be fit. I don’t know,” Mourinho said.

“Rooney has a little chance and Michael has a bigger chance, let’s see how he is.

“But I’m really happy with Fellaini. I’m really happy with the way he played.

“The connection with the fans, I think they realised how useful he is, they realised how much he is with the team.”

Michael Carrick misses today's game through illness. #MUFC #MUNMID pic.twitter.com/OxRw50Pjhm

— Manchester United (@ManUtd) December 31, 2016

Source : football365[dot]com

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »