Kante reveals he snubbed Man United to join Chelsea

03:21

Kante reveals he snubbed Man United to join Chelsea

Date published: Friday 2nd September 2016 8:11

N

N’Golo Kante has revealed he rejected the advances of Jose Mourinho and Manchester United to join Chelsea this summer.

Chelsea signed Kante in a £30million deal from Leicester this summer after the midfielder had starred in the Foxes title-winning campaign.

And the France international says he also had interest from Mourinho, but he was convinced to move to Stamford Bridge by Antonio Conte.

“It was amazing to have Mourinho call me, even though I’d been warned before how he would appeal to me,” he said.

“I listened to his arguments about why I should move to United.

“But at that time I was hesitant between staying at Leicester or leaving for Chelsea.

“My discussions with them were already well underway. But when I spoke, I had a good feeling with Conte.”

Kante has impressed since joining the Blues, keeping Cesc Fabregas out of the starting XI after forming a central midfield partnership with Nemanja Matic.

Speaking about life at his new club, the 25-year-old said: “At Chelsea I’m in a star-studded dressing room.

“Being the star of the game doesn’t interest me. That’s the highest level, unless you have exceptional qualities.

“Yes, I feel I’m a pretty complete player, but I’m not an outstanding player.

“Someone like Riyad Mahrez, yes, he has a real technical talent.”

Source : football365[dot]com

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »