Gerrard considering return to English football?

06:05

Gerrard considering return to English football?

Date published: Sunday 2nd October 2016 9:47

Steven Gerrard LA Galaxy

Steven Gerrard could yet return to English football as a player, according to reports.

The Daily Mirror believe that Gerrard could be ‘paving a way’ for a return to England after his LA Galaxy contract expires at the end of this month.

Gerrard himself says that he is undecided whether to carry on playing or retire, and he may well choose to do the latter.

“I’m wondering whether I should play on for a little bit longer or whether I should call it a day,” Gerrard said.

“I haven’t 100 per cent decided on that yet.

“I still enjoy playing. I still love coming into training, I still love competing, so if I can carry on and there are opportunities to stay here or go somewhere else for another six months or 12 months then I’ll consider it.

“But if nothing comes up I’ll try and fly through the coaching badges and see what happens down that road.”

Whatever the Mirror say (and it is John Richardson with the story), we’d be very surprised if Gerrard ended up back in England.

Only last summer, Gerrard spoke about finding it difficult to play for an English club that wasn’t Liverpool.

“I had options to stay in the Premier League but I didn’t want to compete against Liverpool.

“I love Liverpool Football Club, I still do and will for the rest of my life. But I needed a new challenge. I didn’t want to be a squad player and sit on the bench for the club that I love.

“I had a short time to think about it and after one or two conversations I knew this [LA Galaxy] was the place for me.”

Source : football365[dot]com

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »