Conte tells Costa: I decide when you come off

19:24

Conte tells Costa: I decide when you come off

Date published: Saturday 15th October 2016 3:32

Diego Costa Chelsea

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has made it clear that Diego Costa does not make decisions about when he leaves the pitch.

The Spanish striker signalled to the bench that he wanted to come off with 20 minutes remaining, knowing that another yellow card would keep him out of next week’s clash with Manchester United.

Conte ignored the request and said that his star striker must “understand” that three points against Leicester was the priority.

“I decide, me. I take the responsibility in every situation. Costa always obeys the decision. If I can I retain Diego until the end of the game I will.

“He must understand this. For the team he is a player with great personality. I know today we risked it. If he took a yellow card he misses the game against Manchester United.

“But for me today’s is the most important game than the other games. Now we are beginning to think to the next game.”

Source : football365[dot]com

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »