Gary Holt reveals initial contact with Kilmarnock in their search for new manager

07:22
Gary Holt
Gary Holt's only managerial role so far has come at Falkirk

Former Kilmarnock midfielder Gary Holt would be interested in taking over as the club's next manager.

Holt has been looking for an opening since leaving his role on Norwich City's coaching staff after the 2015-16 season.

The 43-year-old spent six seasons with Kilmarnock during his playing days and managed Falkirk for a season before heading to Carrow Road.

Holt told Sky Sports News HQ he is yet to speak with the club directly, but said initial contact had been made by his representative.

Kilmarnock are looking for a new manager after Lee Clark left the club earlier this month to take over at English League One side Bury.

Speaking before Kilmarnock's 2-1 home defeat by Aberdeen on Sunday, Holt said: "Interested, yes. Desperate for a job? Not at the moment but it's something I have spoken about with my family and my agent.

"I want to work with positive people, and progressive football clubs, and if that's up in Scotland, in England or abroad, great.

"I've got to think about where I want to go and what I want to do. As you asked - am I interested, yes I am.

"I leave it to my agent, and he's made contact with them through whatever channels it has to be. I'll leave it in his hands. I've not heard anything back and I'm here to watch the game so we'll see how it goes."

Source : skysports[dot]com

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »