Podolski reveals Hart’s sweary message after goal

02:59

Podolski reveals Hart’s sweary message after goal

Date published: Thursday 23rd March 2017 10:50

Lukas Podolski described his final game for Germany as “like a great movie” after scoring the winner against England.

Podolski struck a thunderbolt in the 69th minute to sink an experimental England side in Germany.

It represented the 130th and final international appearance of Podolski’s career, with the 31-year-old now retiring from the national scene.

“This is like a great movie,” he told ARD after the game. “We win 1-0 and I score the goal.

“I know I have a left foot that was probably gifted to me by God, or someone up there, and I can always rely on it. I am proud of these last 13 years.

For 13 years I've worn the DFB shirt with pride, passion and desire to win. Tonight we celebrate 130 games with our fans. See you there!???????????????? pic.twitter.com/ViVMoGwcLW

— Lukas-Podolski.com (@Podolski10) March 22, 2017

“From the atmosphere in the stadium you could see the connection I have with people from Cologne.

“There were at least 30,000 people from Cologne in the stadium. It gives you goose bumps. That’s when you know where you home is, and that you’ve done a lot of good, also off the pitch. That makes me very proud.”

Podolski was also asked what England goalkeeper Joe Hart said to him after the goal, with the pair sharing a conversation in the aftermath.

The striker added: “He said it was a f***ing brilliant shot – amazing!”

Source : football365[dot]com

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »